Keela Yoga Farm
26th May -2nd June 2024, Keela Permaculture Farm in central Portugal.
Yoga Immersion in Nature
In 2024, we are excited to combine our retreat hosts into a Yoga immersion. A fully authentic experience with two yoga teacher trainers and a certified permaculture educator to introduce you to Permaculture. Sudhir Rishi will join us from Sthira Yoga, India, and Anya from Yoga in English from Berlin.
Yoga and Permaculture in Central Portugal
Enjoy one week of deepening your knowledge of yoga asana and philosophy, as well as having the opportunity to join homesteading, gardening and permaculture workshops. This special retreat is held at Keela Yoga Farm in Central Portugal where the only sound you can hear is nature.
Yoga and permaculture in central portugal
What is included in this Immersion?
Your yoga immersion teachers
Director of Teacher Trainings at Sthira Yoga
Sudhir will be taking you through Meditations, Pranayama and yoga philosophy through satsangs.
Sudhir Rishi is the Director of Teacher Trainings at Sthira Yoga in India. He has been involved in the fields of yoga, meditation, philosophy and Ayurveda for the past 25 years. He lived as a monk for eight years, dedicating himself to intense meditation practices. In the last 9 years, he taught in more than 100 groups of TTC 200 and 30 groups of TTC 300 in addition to pranayama & meditation courses, workshops and silent retreats in India and Europe. He is a ERYT-500 with more than 30,000 hours of teaching experience.
This is Sudhir’s third teaching at Keela. The team at Keela met him in 2016 at their yoga teacher training at Samporna Yoga in India, where he was teaching yoga philosophy, pranayama and meditation.
Yoga Teacher Trainer from Yoga in English Berlin
Anya will be leading your Asana classes and some meditation and pranayama
Anya is a senior teacher with 20 years’ experience of teaching and practice. She runs regular teacher trainings as well as several courses that stay true to the whole path of Yoga, remaining rooted in its rich philosophy throughout movement, breath and meditation practices. Outside of retreat and teacher training season she runs Yoga courses and classes at ‘Yoga in English’ in Berlin, Germany.
Anya has visited and run retreats at Keela every year since 2017. The Keela team first met her in 2013 during a retreat that Anya was running in Indonesia and remained friends since.
Yoga Teacher, homesteader and co-founder of Keela
Kimberly will take some asana classes and teach a homesteading class such as food fermentation.
Kimberly will lead homesteading workshops such as food fermentation. Kimberly Manchee is the co-founder of Keela Yoga Farm. She has been teaching yoga for 10 years and is an experienced primary school teacher. She manages and coordinates all things food related on the farm ensuring garden to kitchen connection so that fresh produce reaches the table on a daily basis Kimberly is the resident yoga teacher at Keela delivering classes to the local community. Visit her profile here
Permaculture teacher, homesteader and co-founder of Keela
Laurence will be your teacher for gardening and permaculture related activities. Laurence is the Co-founder of Keela Yoga Farm. He is certified by the Permaculture Association to teach certified PDCs. He is a regular speaker at local agriculture events and podcasts, and is an author in Permaculture Magazine. Laurence leads Permaculture Design , Agroforestry and Natural Building Courses on the farm. He completed his Yoga TTC with Sudhir Rishi in 2014.
Deepen your yoga knowledge
- This is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the ancient Philosophy of Yoga which helps and develops your knowledge to understand yourself.
- Improve your asana practice and alignment from two experienced teachers, allowing yourself to nurture your body and mind in an atmosphere of safety and comfort
- This retreat is suitable for all levels of practice and knowledge
What to expect?
- Daily workshops and classes (all optional)
- You will deepen your yoga practice with daily asana classes with Anya, workshops and yogic philosophy satsangs with Sudhir Rishi.
- You will enjoy and experience off-grid living, living by the rhythms of nature with our electricity generated from the sun, water from a spring, and eating seasonal fresh food from the gardens. We have compost toilets that contribute to our healthy gardens and showers surrounded by plants with hot water powered by the sun or firewood.
- Get involved with workshops on gardening, permaculture and homesteading and take some sustainable living tips back home with you.
- There will be one free silent day in the middle of the week to recover, relax or explore
- Hang out with our many farm animals and enjoy eggs straight from our chickens
- This is an organic farm so everything will be organic from the food you eat to the floor cleaner and feed for our chickens.
- You will leave refreshed with new knowledge, experiences and friends
Taken from google reviews
What past guests say:
- Super early bird price* €490 (book by 31st December 2023) + accommodation
- Early bird base price* €540 (booking by 31st January 2024) + accommodation
- *Early Bird discount applies based on the date the deposit is received.
- Regular base price €590 + accommodation costs
- Discount for locals and past guests who are able to also help the hosts for 2 hours per day
- The price includes 3 organic vegan meals per day, all the classes including yoga, meditation, satsangs and permaculture workshops.
Booking and Cancelation Policy
* To hold your place: a 100 Euro non-refundable deposit is due. The full balance is due by 6 weeks before the retreat start date
- * Up to 6 weeks before: your deposit may be moved to another retreat
- Within 6 weeks before: Retreat fee is retained; no refunds or date changes are possible
- Your tent or caravan (free)
- Rent one of our caravans: EUR 150 EUR (all bedding provided)
- Tipi or Tent EUR 100 per person (all bedding provided)
- Click here for more information on accommodation
- Prices include mattresses and all bedding.
Secure your place with a deposit now
- Please book the retreat below by selecting the deposit and your accommodation. The deposit is paid now and the rest will be paid 1 month before the retreat.
- Arrival is 5pm on 26th May 2024
- Departure is 11am on 2nd June 2024
- Fly to Lisbon or Porto then take a train or bus to Fundao (we will send you instructions)
Permaculture and Yoga Courses in Portugal
Future courses at keela
Keela Yoga Farm Leading to the Foundation Certificate in Applied Permaculture Design. Advanced Permaculture Design Course A new residential permaculture design and sustainable smallholding training.
Keela Yoga Farm 26th May -2nd June 2024, Keela Permaculture Farm in central Portugal. Yoga Immersion in Nature In 2024, we are excited to combine
Join the mailing list
Be the first to find out about future events at Keela Yoga Farm, including early bird, last minute discounts and job opportunities