Join us in 2022 for a 2-week Natural Building course or join the full six-week Natural Building internship to experience and learn about all aspects of sustainable building with natural materials. We will be building an extension to our straw bale community house with cordwood, earthbags, natural stone and wattle & daub.
2022 Natural Building Course dates
- 10th October 2022 Natural Building Course
- 3rd May 2022 – Full
What is included on the course and on the internship
- Tour of our permaculture farm and natural buildings
- Three Yoga classes per week
- Three healthy meals per day, most of the produce coming from the farm
- Working on real-life projects using most of the natural building techniques from straw bales to cordwood
- Free camping (or option to hire a caravan, tipi or tent)
Facilitator: Laurence Manchee
Since starting Keela Yoga Farm and with the help of volunteers, the local community and course participants, Laurence has completed a straw bale house which he now lives in, the straw bale community house, a wattle and daub chicken house, a long drop compost toilet using stone and wattle and daub, a straw bale greenhouse and a cordwood & wattle and daub barn. Each time he builds he manages to decrease the carbon footprint of the build, use more natural materials which inturn brings the cost down of the building. A truly sustainable building would use all local natural and recycled materials at zero cost.
Laurence is also on the Board for WWOOF Portugal, a writer for Permaculture Magazine UK and mages an agroforestry and reforestation program. He has been managed over 400 volunteers at Keela Yoga Farm and also runs Permaculture internships and Food Forest courses.
2-week Natural Building Course
2 weeks schedule
Daily weekday Schedule
- 8am Yoga (3 days per week
- 9am Breakfast
- 10am – 1pm Course
- 1pm lunch
- 1pm – 5 Course
- 7pm Dinner
Natural Building Internship
We will be building the walls of a yoga studio during this month using straw bales, cordwood, wattle and daub and natural plaster. You can experience different techniques of natural building in reality
Dates 17th May 2022 Click here to book the natural building internship
Costs include all meals and classes and camping. You may also hire a caravan, tent and bedding at a small extra cost.
- 1-month natural building internship (not including natural building course) €300 book
- 2-week Natural Building course €500
- Includes bedding
- Tent: €50 (per person)
- Tipi: €75 (Per person)
- Caravan/Sheppard’s Hut: €150 (per caravan, max 2 people)