Keela Permaculture Farm is seeking a Permaculture apprentice who would like to gain experience teaching and hosting Permaculture courses wanted
Keela is a sizeable 18-hectare homestead, permaculture farm, off-grid retreat center and permaculture education centre. Keela was founded in 2016, and first and foremost, it is our home where we live off the grid and in harmony with nature.
At Keela, we have a reforestation program, market vegetable gardens, agroforests, food forests, a yoga room, many natural buildings, a cold plunge pool, lakes and many established permaculture systems. We also have a reforestation program and a community centre for permaculture education.
We are accepting either a residential or non-residential Apprentice.
- Assistant to the lead teacher
- Teach two therapy classes per week. You will be provided with a lesson plan that you can adjust to your style and time to practice these classes.
- Host 1 practical class every day. You will be fully trained to be able to host these classes.
- Help the lead teacher with theory and practical preparations.
- Be around to help students and answer their questions.
- Organise paperwork
- Take photographs
Courses you will be assisting with
- Permaculture Design Course for Erasmus + (TBC) 24th March – 6th April 2024
- Permaculture Design Course 14th – 27th April 2024
- Certificate in Applied Permaculture Design Course 29th April – 5th May 2024
- Permaculture Design Course 16th – 29th June 2024
- Natural Building Course 2nd – 8th July 2024
Permaculture Teacher training
You will receive training for this role from the start of March 2024 (or even February)
If you live locally, you can come for the courses and a two-week training period.
- You will get accommodation, food
- Yoga classes
- Attend and assist a 2 PDCs
- Addend an assisted the Certification applied permaculture design course
- Help with your diploma projects.
- If you have completed your Diploma and teacher training, you will get paid
- If you have not, you will get paid based on your contribution
- Available from Feb or early March 2024 until 19th July 2024
- Can you arrange a visa for Portugal
- Able to self-organise
- Able to work well as a team
- Able to adapt to a changing environment
Ideally, you have
- Completed a PDC and a Diploma (we can also accept students who have not, and we can help you on your path to getting your diploma)
- I have experience working on a farm, in gardens, and forest systems. (again, we can train someone on this)
- Stong and able to move around farm equipment, push wheelbarrows full of materials and lift 25kg bags of materials and feed if needed
Our previous apprentice
Our last apprentice is now a paid teacher at Keela. He lives locally, completed his PDC with us and is starting his diploma as part of his apprenticeship.