Keela Yoga Farm is a volunteer-based project that focuses on permaculture, sustainability and community living. Spending your time with us to connect with nature, people, learn about sustainable living and help contribute to the project by teaching daily yoga asana classes and meditation.
We require a volunteer yoga teacher to assist us with the daily yoga class, you will also have the support of our experienced resident yoga teacher when needed. Yoga teachers are on a full volunteer basis, it is a work exchange (no money is exchanged) however you need to provide your own accommodation (a tent) or you can rent accommodations from us (please see the volunteering pages for more information).
- You may be a new yoga teacher who is looking to gain some experience
- You may be an experienced yoga teacher who is looking for a break or somewhere to stay between jobs
- You want to connect with nature and experience living in a community
- You are interested in experiencing community-style living
- You are interested in permaculture, gardening and happy to get involved with group tasks
- You have a positive attitude!
What is required of you
- To be part of the Keela Yoga Farm community and participate in the volunteer based project
- Teach one yoga, meditation and or pranayama class per day
- Assist with one meal per day
- Participate in community tasks (Washing up, cleaning etc)
- Present yourself as a host to guests and encourage people to attend classes or workshops that you want to offer
- Participation in some gardening or natural building projects (depending on the focus of the time frame that you choose to come)
- You will participate in the project for 5-6 hours per day, 5 days per week
What you get in return
- 3 healthy organic local meals per day, much of it grown on-site
- Two full days off per week (with the exception of cooking on rotation with the community)
- The opportunity to participate in a conscious project
- Enjoy sustainable living in nature
- Connect to your food and nature
- Learn about permaculture and sustainability
- Free time to study and prepare for lessons
- On weekends all community members cook and wash up on rotation
- We help out our local community for a half day session on Saturdays every other week; this is optional but encouraged
Available Dates in 2020
Please visit our general volunteering page to see which dates are available.