We will count on volunteers to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested to volunteer with us, once you have read this page, please apply to volunteer via our application form.
Click here for some photos of volunteers work in March and April 2017
For more photos please visit our facebook page – we have a lot of photos and updates on facebook
In 2019 we have set volunteering dates (found below) with a general focus for the month. We find having groups start on the same day makes it more like an informal retreat or course than volunteering. The group forms better and everyone feels at home faster. Usually during the month we have a course which the volunteers will support, that course sets the theme for the month. Although the focus is set below their will be opportunities to help with other tasks around the farm, especially with gardening.
If you are a yoga teacher looking for volunteering please click here
Volunteers do not need to stay for the duration of the programs but must start on the below start dates)
|Volunteer dates (start – end)||Focus|
|Jan & Feb 2019||We are open to volunteers between 10th Jan & 24th Feb to help with the winter garden, reforestation and finishing our natural building. There will be les yoga during this time, you will not need to pay anything and you will be accomodated in a caravan. We prefer people do not stay in tents or tipis during bad weather.|
|1st March – 20th April||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens, assisting in running the food forest course|
|19th March – 20th April||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens, assisting in running the food forest course|
|1st May – 17th June (or start 1st June)||Working in the permaculture gardens or Natural Building (as you prefer)|
|27th June – 31st August||Natural Building Volunteering, cooking, preparing materials and gardening|
|24th July – 31st August||Natural Building Volunteering, cooking, preparing materials and gardening|
|14th – 28th August||Natural Building Volunteering, cooking, preparing materials and gardening|
|1st Sept – 31st Sept||Preparing and running a Yoga retreat, working in the permaculture gardens, setting u for a festival|
|14th October – 14th November||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens, assisting in running the food forest course|
|1st November – 16th December||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens|
|11th November – 16th December||Reforestation, Olive picking, Working in Permaculture Gardens|
|25th November – 16th December||Reforestation, Olive picking, Working in Permaculture Gardens|
What will volunteers get?
- Healthy organic meals
- Onsite daily yoga and meditation classes
- Workshops on Permaculture and sustainble living
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in Permaculture, Natural Building, Healthy and Sustainable living
- Opportunity to run your own projects and build permaculture systems
- Walks, cycling and local activities
- 5 days volunteering at Keela Yoga Farm
- Private tour of the land with one of the founders
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Become part of a community!
What jobs will volunteers do?
Volunteers will be expected to participate for 5-6 hours per day doing various tasks that may be required from the below list, however please check the focus for the month you plan to join above.
- Organic gardening
- Working in the Food Forests
- Natural building
- Helping in the kitchen on rotation
- Teaching yoga
- Arts and crafts
- Helping with the local community projects
- Sharing your skills with Keela Yoga Farm residents
What is expected of you?
- Contribution of EUR 55 per week or EUR 200 per month paid in on arrival to cover healthy food, yoga and running the farm costs + additional for caravan or tent hire please visit our accommodation page
- Positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- Putting tools away after you use them or if you find them
- 5 days volunteering at keela yoga farm
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project every other week month as part of our community help program
- 5-6 hours per day working
- willing and interest to study and learn about gardening, building or cooking
- Assisting with community tasks (cooking, cleaning, lighting fires etc)
Why do we charge you to volunteer?
It is the only way we can do this as we have a little income from courses (as most goes to the teacher). Running an off grid project is a lot more expensive that one may think. We aim to offset carbon through tree planting, learn and teach about self reliance and provide a place for people to learn and experience community living. We thank you for your contribution in allowing this project to happen.
- Community stone house – large house with the kitchen, dining room
- Lizard lounge hang out area with projector, sofas and wifi
- Yoga Deck with a view
- Compost toilet, washing machine
- 3 showers, 1 Indoor shower room with wood fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower and only during winter and spring)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill out spots, hammocks and viewpoints
The Local Village
The village is small and quiet and has a shop a cafe with a small convenient shop (one with free wifi) and is a 25 minute walk to Keela Yoga Farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various farmers (with the exception of some superfoods and spices which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies, and if you’re allergic to gluten we can cater for you. when we say cater, we mean gluten free bread, pasta, pancakes etc but a slight extra cost to split this with one of the GF residence