We count on people to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested in volunteering with us, once you have read this page, please apply to volunteer via our application form.
Option 1: General Farm Help – no money exchanged
Option 2: Permaculture volunteer intern – 100 EUR per week or 200 EUR per month
Option One: General farm & kitchen help and support
For those who want to experience being on an off-grid permaculture farm in nature.
- You help support our internships, residents and any courses or workshops that may be taking place, with kitchen help (with guidance from a chef), cleaning & teaching yoga (volunteer yoga teacher only)
- In January and February 2020 it will be more work around Reforestation, gardening & Food Forests
- Daily farm tasks and/or manual labour such as digging, weeding, harvesting food from our food forest, processing food, natural building and cutting firewood
- The work is in exchange for 3 healthy meals a day, yoga classes each week, and you will have the opportunity to learn about all of the systems on the farm including gardening and off-grid living
- You provide your own accommodation or hire a tent/caravan from us. Prices on application page
Option Two: Permaculture volunteering internships
For those who would like to learn more about permaculture practically and educationally (100 EUR per week or 200 EUR per month)
Fixed start dates in 2020
We accept volunteers all year round. However, we have fixed start dates so that everyone settles together with minimal disruption. This also helps us have more time to give you a tour of the farm and induction to how everything works.
- Reforestation and Forest management Focus: 21st January (full)
- Food Forest and Gardening focus: 25th February, 3rd, 17th & 31st March, 14 & 28th April
- Yoga Retreat hosting focus: 12th & 26th May, 9th & 23rd June
- Natural Building Focus: 7th & 21st July, 4th August
- Rest of year TBC
Want to learn more about permaculture or natural building? Instead, join as an intern
If you stay with us for one month, you will enjoy a 25% discount on our Permaculture design courses or Food Forest courses. You will also enjoy an additional 25% off for an early bird discount (total 50% off)
What is included when you volunteer at our permaculture and yoga farm:
- Healthy organic meals, much of which is from our farm or neighbouring farms
- Get closer to the food you eat
- Learn how to cook
- Onsite yoga/meditation classes
- See permaculture systems in action
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in permaculture, natural building, healthy and sustainable living
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually, once per month we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Experience being part of a community!
What is required of volunteers?
- Minimum 2 weeks stay
- A positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- 5 work days
- Cooking on rotation during the week and on weekends
- 5-6 hours per day working
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project every month on a Saturday as part of our community help program
- Willing and interest to learn and work hard
- Assisting with community tasks (cooking, cleaning, lighting fires etc)
What does your day look like when volunteering?
These times apply for the weekdays and vary depending on the season
- 8 am Yoga Class or preparing breakfast
- 9 am Breakfast
- 10 am – 11 am working outside or cleaning up breakfast
- 11am – 1pm – preparing lunch
- 2 pm – 4 pm working outside or cleaning up lunch
Prefer to come and do more things relating to permaculture? Then join as an intern for 100 EUR per week or 200 EUR per month
- Community straw bale house – a large house with a fully functional kitchen, dining room and chill out area, charging stations, a projector for movie nights and free WiFi
- Yoga deck with a view
- Outside hang out areas: stone circle, BBQ area, food forests.
- Long drop vermiculture compost toilet
- Washing machine (1 EUR peruse including organic washing liquid)
- 3 showers: 1 Indoor shower room with wood-fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower and only during winter and spring)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill-out spots, hammocks and viewpoints
- 2 dogs, 3 cats and 9 chickens to interact with daily 🙂
The village is small and quiet and has a cafe with a small convenient shop (with free wifi) and is a 25-minute walk from our farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various farmers (except some other products which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies including gluten, lactose etc. Gluten-free products tend to cost slightly more than normal, so we charge EUR 5 extra per week if you would like this option.