We will count on people to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested in volunteering with us, once you have read this page, please apply to volunteer via our application form.
For more photos please visit our facebook page – we have a lot of photos and updates on facebook
Volunteer on our farm or join as an intern
- Permaculture volunteering internships
- A full-day tour of the farm with permaculture educator Laurence Manchee
- Work on the topics included in the internship (depending on which season you are attending, please see below)
- Attend daily yoga/meditation classes
- 5 hours of theory classes per week that relate to the work you are doing from permaculture educator Laurence Manchee
- The opportunity to work on other projects that you are interested in
- Attend at least one workshop each week including soap making, fermenting foods, preserving foods or winemaking.
- Fee: EUR 200 for a one-month internship or EUR 100 per week
- 25% of the permaculture courses if you attend for more than one month + additional 25% off for early birds (booked three months before)
- Provide your own accommodation or pay extra to rent a bed in a tipi, tent or caravan. prices on application page
- General farm & kitchen help and support
- You help support our internships, residents and any courses or workshops that may be taking place, with kitchen help (with guidance from a chef), cleaning, teaching yoga (volunteer yoga teacher only), daily farm tasks and/or manual labour.
- The work is in exchange for 3 healthy meals a day, some yoga classes each week, and you will have the opportunity to learn about all of the systems on the farm including gardening and off-grid living
- You provide your own accommodation or hire a tent/caravan from us. prices on application page
- There is no monetary exchange
We accept volunteers and internships all year round. However, we have fixed start dates so that everyone settles together with minimal disruption. This also helps us have more time to give you a tour of the farm and induction to how everything works. With start dates every other Tuesday.
- Winter start dates 2020: 7th, & 21st January, 4th & 18th February
- Spring 2020: 3rd, 17th & 31st March, 14 & 28th April, 12th & 26th May
- Summer 2020: 9th & 23rd June
- 7th & 21st July, 4th August (During these dates there will be the Natural Building Internship)
- Rest of year tbc
If you stay with us for one month, you will enjoy a 25% discount on our Permaculture design courses or Food Forest Courses. You will also enjoy an additional 25% off for an early bird discount (total 50% off)
What is included when you are an intern at our permaculture and yoga farm:
- Healthy organic meals, much of which is from our farm or neighbouring farms
- Private tour of the land with Laurence Manchee (founder and permaculture teacher)
- Onsite daily yoga/meditation classes
- Workshops on permaculture and sustainable living
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in permaculture, natural building, healthy and sustainable living
- Opportunity to run your own projects and build permaculture systems
- 5 days internship at Keela Yoga Farm
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually, once per month we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Become part of a community!
What is required of volunteer Farm & Kitchen Helpers?
- A positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- 5 workdays
- 5-6 hours per day working
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project every month as part of our community help program
- Willing and interest to learn and work hard
- Assisting with community tasks (cooking, cleaning, lighting fires etc)
- Community straw bale house – a large house with a fully functional kitchen, dining room and chill out area, charging stations, a projector for movie nights and free WiFi
- Yoga deck with a view
- Compost toilet
- Washing machine
- 3 showers: 1 Indoor shower room with wood-fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower and only during winter and spring)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill-out spots, hammocks and viewpoints
- 2 dogs, 3 cats and 9 chickens to interact with daily 🙂
The Local Village
The village is small and quiet and has a cafe with a small convenient shop (with free wifi) and is a 25-minute walk from our farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various farmers (except some other products which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies including gluten, lactose etc. Gluten free products tend to cost slightly more than normal, so we charge EUR 5 extra per week if you would like this option.