We will count on volunteers to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested to volunteer with us, once you have read this page, please apply to volunteer via our application form.
Click here for some photos of volunteers work in March and April 2017
For more photos please visit our facebook page – we have a lot of photos and updates on facebook
In 2019 we have set volunteering dates (found below) with a general focus for the month. We find having groups start on the same day makes it more like an informal retreat or course than volunteering. The group forms better and everyone feels at home faster. Usually during the month we have a course which the volunteers will support, that course sets the theme for the month. Although the focus is set below their may be opportunities to help with other tasks around the farm.
If you are a yoga teacher looking for volunteering please click here
Volunteers do not need to stay for the duration of the programs but must start on the below start dates)
|Volunteer dates (start – end)||Focus|
|1st March – 20th April||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens, assisting in running the food forest course|
|19th March – 20th April||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens, assisting in running the food forest course|
|1st May – 17th June||Preparing and running two Yoga retreats, working in the permaculture gardens|
|27th June – 31st August||Natural Building|
|24th July – 31st August||Natural Building|
|3rd October – 3rd November||Building and working in the food forest and permaculture gardens, assisting in running the food forest course|
|10th November – 10th December||Reforestation, Olive picking, Working in Permaculture Gardens|
|11th Dec till Feb 2010||Closed for Winter|
What will volunteers get?
- Healthy organic meals
- Onsite daily yoga and meditation classes
- Workshops on Permaculture and sustainble living
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in Permaculture, Natural Building, Healthy and Sustainable living
- Opportunity to run your own projects and build permaculture systems
- Walks, cycling and local activities
- 5 days volunteering at Keela Yoga Farm
- Private tour of the land with one of the founders
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Become part of a community!
What jobs will volunteers do?
Volunteers will be expected to participate for 5-6 hours per day doing various tasks that may be required from the below list, however please check the focus for the month you plan to join above.
- Organic gardening / Reforestation / Food Forests
- Natural building
- Helping in the kitchen
- Teaching yoga
- Assisting in the kitchen
- Arts and crafts
- Helping with the local community projects
- Sharing your skills with Keela Yoga Farm residents
What is expected of you?
- Contribution of EUR 55 per week or EUR 200 per month paid in advance to cover healthy food costs + additional for caravan or tent hire please visit our accommodation page
- Positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- Putting tools away after you use them or if you find them
- Being early to start times
- 5 days volunteering at keela yoga farm
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project every other week
- 5-6 hours per day working
- willing and interest to study and learn about gardening, building or cooking
- Assisting with community tasks
Why do we charge you to volunteer?
It is the only way we can do this as we have a little income from courses. Running an off grid project is a lot more expensive that one may think. We aim to offset carbon through tree planting, learn and teach about self reliance and provide a place for people to learn and experience community living. We thank you for your contribution in allowing this project to happen.
- Community stone house – large house with the kitchen, dining room
- Lizard lounge hang out area with projector, sofas and wifi
- Yoga Deck with a view
- Compost toilet, washing machine
- 3 showers, 1 Indoor shower room with wood fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower and only during winter and spring)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill out spots, hammocks and viewpoints
The Local Village
The village is small and quiet and has a shop a cafe with a small convenient shop (one with free wifi) and is a 25 minute walk to Keela Yoga Farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various farmers (with the exception of some superfoods and spices which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies, and if you’re allergic to gluten we can cater for you. when we say cater, we mean gluten free bread, pasta, pancakes etc but a slight extra cost to split this with one of the GF residence