We are exited to be hosting an 8 day Intensive NATURAL BUILDING COURSE from 26th August till 2nd September 2017 with experienced Natural Builder and Teacher ‘Barbara Leite from the local established community Mount of Oaks. We will also provide daily yoga and meditation!
Language: English and Portuguese
4 EARLY BIRDS for 450 EURFor more options on accommodation, KEELA YOGA FARM provides :
Caravan (2 available) 55 EUR per person based on two sharing. 100EUR for 1 person
Teepee with bed (2 available) 100 EUR per person based on two sharing. 150 EUR for 1 person
Please contact us for more information or to book
The Practical Natural Building Workshop at the Mount of Oaks is a 8 day experience of ‘learning by doing’.
The workshop is designed as an introduction to Natural Building. Participants get the chance to learn and experiment with MANY different techniques as the course content is beautifully varied.
There is a progression in the teaching and practical methods that allows participants to grow in confidence as the course continues. This course is designed with the ‘non-professional’ builder in mind and is aimed as an introduction course.
* Strawbale walls
* Adobe bricks and light Earth slabs
* “Wattle and Daub” walls
* Cob with glass bottles and Cordwood
* Earth and Lime Plasters
* Lime-wash painting with Natural Pigments
This Course will be facilitated by Barbara Leite, a pioneer of the Mount of Oaks community since 2006 (another community local to us), with 9 years experience in Permaculture Design and Natural Building… with all the mistakes and successes that go with starting from scratch 🙂
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THIS COURSE?
The Course will have a daily chunk of theory and introduction to all these different techniques and use of local and natural materials, but mostly it will be practical to really get a feel for each material and technique.
Each participant is welcome to share their own experience since Natural Building is as diverse and flexible as each human being and culture is.
Also there is no need of any previous experience as a builder, or engineer or architect. ( if you do have previous experience and just want to get a feel for different materials, please come with patience because there might be others who don’t ).
If you have what is takes, you will be able to come out of it encouraged to design and build your own small house 🙂 .
Lets play with the natural elements and learn with them 🙂
We expect to learn with each other and have an unique experience of life in community during these 8 days we eat together and often in the evenings we sit around the fire telling stories or singing songs!
We will be working on several buildings on the site so that our experience can be as diverse as possible
We may even improvise things that were not part of the program… like showing the basic technique of a reciprocal roof 🙂
Further information or to book please contact us
- Yoga Immersion with Sudhir and Anya plus Intro to… by Laurence Manchee December 22, 2023 26th May -2nd June 2024, Keela Permaculture Farm in central Portugal. Yoga Immersion in Nature In 2024, we are excited to combine our retreat hosts…
- Certificate in Applied Permaculture Design - A… by Laurence Manchee December 21, 2023 A Foundation to the Diploma Certificate In Applied Permaculture Design A new residential permaculture design and sustainable smallholding training. Leading to the Certificate in Applied…
- Registering Sheep in Portugal by Laurence Manchee February 27, 2022 We have been through the process to get a licence for sheep and register sheep in our area of Fundao in Portugal and should apply…
- Permaculture Design Certificate by Laurence Manchee March 15, 2023 Established permaculture farm Permaculture Design Certificate Portugal Welcome to the Permaculture Design Course in Portugal, offered by Keela Permaculture Farm! Our course is designed to…
- Permaculture Design Course Portugal by Laurence Manchee August 12, 2022 We will cover the standard 72-hour PDC syllabus emphasising integrated permaculture systems, practical work and permaculture design. You will experience living off-grid in a community setting,…
- What is Permaculture part 2 - The 12 principles of… by Laurence Manchee June 28, 2023 I like to define Permaculture as a philosophy that follows three core ethics with systems designed based on twelve principles. Permaculture combines natural systems that…
- Planting a salad garden by Laurence Manchee March 25, 2023 This blog post is to help you plan, design and maintain your salad garden for a continued supply of salad all year. This article was…
- What is Permaculture Part 1 - History and Ethics of… by Laurence Manchee May 13, 2023 I like to define Permaculture as a philosophy that follows three core ethics and systems designed based on twelve principles. Permaculture combines natural systems that…
- Planting Cover crops in the vegtable garden by Laurence Manchee December 29, 2022 Welcome to the first edition of the monthly gardening blog that will feature in Central Connect magazine in Portugal. The focus of this article and future…
- December in the Garden or Farm in portugal by Laurence Manchee December 20, 2022 Here is my December gardening article for the central connect magazine. Summer has ended, the rains have started, and the cold is coming. This brings new…