Learn everything you need to know about starting your very own food forest, agroforest and experience living on an off-grid farm on a permaculture project in Portugal. Aso enjoy healthy food, yoga and meditation practice amongst the beautiful Portuguese countryside!
Click here for more information on the food forest course
- Day 1: Arrival and settle in
- Day 2: Tour of farm and off-grid living induction. Tour includes Natural buildings, silvopasture with pigs, agroforest with sheep and our chicken food forest
- Day 3: Organic fertilising. Make and apply various fertilisers such as compost, manure, biochar, vermicomposting, bio fertilisers, compost teas and cover cropping.
- Day 4: Designing and planting food forest guilds in the food forest
- Day 5 & 6: off
- Day 7: Earthworks & irrigation: Making ponds, swales and digging holes for trees with machinery. Ruing pipes for irrigation
- Day 8: Designing and planting an agroforest
- Day 9: Propagation of plants for food forests and agroforests
- Day 10: Ally cropping and food production within the food forests. Looking at sunken beds, Hugelkultur beds and planting on contour
- Day 11: Departure
Book your place
- EUR 400 early bird ticket – book three months before
- EUR 500 full price per person + accommodation
- EUR 100 discount for Portuguese residences & past guests
- Secure with a EUR 50 deposit
- Bring your own tent for free or book a tipi or caravan (price is per caravan and can be shared with someone else)
- Option to order a care package so it is ready for your arrival: Natural soap, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, toothpaste and lip balm (choose any 5 of these 6)
- Option to buy some trees to offset your carbon footprint
Bookings are no longer available for this event.