We count on people to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested in volunteering with us, once you have read this page, please apply to volunteer via our application form.
Option 1: Volunteer during internships, retreats and courses – For past guests only
Option 2: Volunteer when we are closed
Option 2: Permaculture internship – 100 EUR per week or 300 EUR per month
Option Three: Permaculture volunteering internships
For those who would like to learn more about permaculture practically and educationally (100 EUR per week or 300 EUR per month)
Option Two: Volunteer during internships, courses or retreats
This option is now only available to past guests or graduates of our internship program.
- You help support our internships, residents and any courses or workshops that may be taking place, with kitchen help (with guidance from a chef), cleaning & teaching yoga (volunteer yoga teacher only)
- Daily farm tasks and/or manual labour such as digging, weeding, harvesting food from our food forest, processing food, natural building and cutting firewood
- The work is in exchange for 3 healthy meals a day, yoga classes each week, and you will have the opportunity to learn about all of the systems on the farm including gardening and off-grid living
- You provide your own accommodation or hire a tent/caravan from us. Prices on the application page
Option one: Volunteer when we are closed.
- While we closed there is no provided entertainment, yoga classes or workshops.
- No experience is needed but you should be interested to learn and want to help us with our project
- You work 5 hours per day, 5 days per week
- We provide you with three meals per day
- We have shared meals most lunches and cooking is on rotation
- Breakfast, evening meals and weekends you cook and eat by yourself
- You get full use of our large community house, lots of space, great kitchen and wifi
- You will stay in a caravan
- You will work a few hours in the morning with either Kimberly or Laurence working on current projects
- You will work a few hours in the afternoon in our tree nursery or in our community house out of the sun on your own.
Fixed start dates in 2020
We accept volunteers all year round. However, we have fixed start dates so that everyone settles together with minimal disruption. This also helps us have more time to give you a tour of the farm and induction to how everything works.
- Autumn Permaculture internship start dates:
- 15 September 2020
- 6 & 27 October 2020
- 17 November 2020
- Closed for guests between 17th December and 2nd February
- Winter & Spring 2021 Permaculture internship start dates:
- 2 & 23 February 2020
- 16 March, 6 & 27 April 2020
- 26 May 2020
- 2021 Summer dates TBC
Want to learn more about permaculture or natural building? Instead, join as an intern
If you stay with us for one month, you will enjoy a 25% discount on our Permaculture design courses or Food Forest courses. You will also enjoy an additional 25% off for an early bird discount (total 50% off)
What is included when you volunteer at our permaculture and yoga farm:
- Healthy organic meals, much of which is from our farm or neighbouring farms
- Get closer to the food you eat
- Learn how to cook
- Onsite yoga/meditation classes
- See permaculture systems in action
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in permaculture, natural building, healthy and sustainable living
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually, once per month we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Experience being part of a community!
What is required of volunteers?
- Minimum 2 weeks stay
- A positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- 5 work days
- Cooking on rotation during the week and on weekends
- 5-6 hours per day working
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project every month on a Saturday as part of our community help program
- Willing and interest to learn and work hard
- Assisting with community tasks (cooking, cleaning, lighting fires etc)
What does your day look like when volunteering?
These times apply for the weekdays and vary depending on the season
- 8 am Yoga Class or preparing breakfast
- 9 am Breakfast
- 10 am – 11 am working outside or cleaning up breakfast
- 11am – 1pm – preparing lunch
- 2 pm – 4 pm working outside or cleaning up lunch
Prefer to come and do more things relating to permaculture? Then join as an intern for 100 EUR per week or 300 EUR per month
- Community straw bale house – a large house with a fully functional kitchen, dining room and chill out area, charging stations, a projector for movie nights and free WiFi
- Yoga deck with a view
- Outside hang out areas: stone circle, BBQ area, food forests.
- Long drop vermiculture compost toilet
- Washing machine (1 EUR peruse including organic washing liquid)
- 3 showers: 1 Indoor shower room with wood-fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower and only during winter and spring)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill-out spots, hammocks and viewpoints
- 2 dogs, 3 cats and 9 chickens to interact with daily 🙂
The village is small and quiet and has a cafe with a small convenient shop (with free wifi) and is a 25-minute walk from our farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various farmers (except some other products which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies including gluten, lactose etc. Gluten-free products tend to cost slightly more than normal, so we charge EUR 5 extra per week if you would like this option.