We count on people to help keep the place growing, happy and alive. If you think you would be interested in volunteering with us, once you have read this page. Please contact us.
Option 1: Volunteer when we are closed to help around the farm – Open to anyone
update: We are looking for volunteers in October 2021 while we are closed to help with forestry work, reforestation and getting the farm ready for winter.
Option 2: Volunteer during internships, retreats and courses – For past guests only
Option 3: Permaculture internships – Open to anyone but set start dates with groups of 10
Option one: Volunteer when we are closed.
- While we closed there is no provided entertainment, yoga classes or workshops.
- You may be the only volunteer here. if you are looking for a group experience take a look at our internship or courses
- No experience is needed but you should be interested to learn, strong, physically fit and want to help us with our project
- You work 5 hours per day, 5 days per week
- We provide you with three meals per day
- We have shared meals most lunches and cooking is on rotation.
- Breakfast, evening meals and weekends you cook and eat by yourself
- You get full use of our large community house, lots of space, great kitchen and wifi
- You will stay in a caravan
- You will work a few hours in the morning with either Kimberly or Laurence working on current projects
- You will work a few hours in the afternoon in our tree nursery or in our community house out of the sun on your own
Option Two: Volunteer during internships, courses or retreats
This option is now only available to past guests or graduates of our internship program.
- You help support our internships, residents and any courses or workshops that may be taking place, with kitchen help (with guidance from a chef), cleaning & teaching yoga (volunteer yoga teacher only)
- Daily farm tasks and/or manual labour such as digging, weeding, harvesting food from our food forest, processing food, natural building and cutting firewood
- The work is in exchange for 3 healthy meals a day, yoga classes each week, and you will have the opportunity to learn about all of the systems on the farm including gardening and off-grid living
Option Three: Permaculture internships
For those who would like to learn more about permaculture practically and educationally with a structured program with a group of interns. All starting on the same date: .Click here for more information on our internship
Want to learn more about permaculture or natural building? Instead, join as an intern
If you stay with us for one month, you will enjoy a 25% discount on our Permaculture design courses or Food Forest courses. You will also enjoy an additional 25% off for an early bird discount (total 50% off)
What is included when you volunteer at our permaculture and yoga farm:
- Healthy organic meals, much of which is from our farm or neighbouring farms
- Get closer to the food you eat
- Learn how to cook
- Onsite yoga/meditation classes (only during internships, retreats and courses)
- See permaculture systems in action
- Time to relax, unwind and get back to nature
- Learn new skills in permaculture, natural building, healthy and sustainable living
- 2 days off to relax or visit local places, usually, once per month we spend one of these mornings helping local communities and farms
- Experience being part of a community! (only during internships, retreats and courses)
What is required of volunteers?
- Minimum 2 weeks stay
- A positive attitude
- Look after our tools and equipment as if they are your own
- 5 work days
- Cooking on rotation during the week and on weekends
- 5-6 hours per day working
- 1/2 a day volunteering at a local project every month on a Saturday as part of our community help program
- Willing and interest to learn and work hard
- Assisting with community tasks (cooking, cleaning, lighting fires etc)
What does your day look like when volunteering?
These times apply for the weekdays and vary depending on the season
- 9 am – 12 am working
- 12am – 3pm – lunch
- 3 pm – 6 pm working
- Weekends off
Prefer to come and do more things relating to permaculture? Then join as an intern instead of volunteering. this has set start dates and a more structured program.
- Community straw bale house – a large house with a fully functional kitchen, dining room and chill out area, charging stations, a projector for movie nights and free WiFi
- Yoga deck with a view
- Outside hang out areas: stone circle, BBQ area, food forests.
- Long drop vermiculture compost toilet
- Washing machine (1 EUR peruse including organic washing liquid)
- 3 showers: 1 Indoor shower room with wood-fired hot water, 1 outside solar shower open to nature, 1 natural waterfall (cold shower and only during winter and spring)
- 45 acres (18 hectares) of land to walk with many chill-out spots, hammocks and viewpoints
- 2 dogs, 3 cats and 9 chickens to interact with daily 🙂
The village is small and quiet and has a cafe with a small convenient shop (with free wifi) and is a 25-minute walk from our farm.
- We are mostly vegetarian, but we can cater for strict vegetarians and vegans if required
- Most of our food is locally sourced directly from various farmers (except some other products which we have to get from abroad)
- We can also cater for most allergies including gluten, lactose etc. Gluten-free products tend to cost slightly more than normal, so we charge EUR 5 extra per week if you would like this option.