Here are some of the technologies that can be used alongside Natural Building Techniques. To join our natural building courses please do check out this link.
- Roofing overhands should provide full shade to windows when needed (in summer) and full sun when needed (in winter). this can be calculated using the angles of a triangle and knowing sun angles at different times of the year.
- Heat should be stored in a thermal mass (the ability of a material to store heat) or an insulated room
- Have good ventilation for heat distribution but not cool drafts, porches are a winner!
- Avoiding hot summer and cold winter winds by not having doors and windows on these sides
- Earth Tubes
Read more on passive heating here
- Shade your house with trees and plants in the summer
- Good ventilation in the summer
- Earth tubes
Read more on passive cooling here
Free heater and aircon, 24 hours per day
- Dig a trench approx 50 meters
- LÇay a pipe in it to your house
- air travels underground for 50 meters before entering your house
- The earth will cool the air in the summer
- The earth will heat the air in the winter
For more info read here
Rain Water catchment
- First, flush diverter
All in one heating systems
To join our natural building courses please do check out this link.